Microfiction: Two Tales of Terror


My eyes open instantly. Was that something I heard in the hallway... footsteps? Is this just a dream? I hear them again, but this time closer to my door. What will I do? Do I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep or prepare for what might come next.



I look down the hall toward her door and hope my steps don't wake her up. I start to walk again. I reach her door.




Authors Note: I wrote these stories with an idea of doing 2 sentence horror, but not exactly. I thought it was a cool idea and thought I would try it. I wrote the same story but from two different first-person points of view. I made the first one longer, 50 words in order to make it a dribble and something a bit more than just a 2 sentence story. Then made the second one a version of hint fiction.


A Dark Hallway, Photo by Charles on Unsplash




Comments

  1. Hi Payton,
    I chose to read this for my "extra commenting assignment", I was curious how a microfiction would work out, and man! This was an interesting example. It sounds so hard to make a little story out of so little words. I loved your idea of writing the story from 2 different perspectives though! I wish that you somehow could have figured out a way to explain why this person is walking to the door, I want to know more about the situation lol. You for sure accomplished the creepy/unsettling feel though. I think the mystery is part of the creepiness, so maybe it's a good thing that the story is so brief. Great work on this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Payton Hall

Week 3 Story: Turtle and the Geese/ Prince and the King